This recipe is easy
Asian-Style Pork Chops
Marinated cucumber salad ingredients
On the BBQ
- In a small skillet set over medium heat, heat spices (anise, fennel, coriander) for a few minutes to release flavours. Cool on a plate and crush coarsely in a mortar. Combine with lemon zest, ginger, cinnamon, garlic and pepper.
- Rub chops on all sides with spice mixture. Place chops in an airtight container and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but no more than 12 hours.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Shake chops to remove excess spices and grill for about 4 minutes on each side for pink doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, combine all salad ingredients in a bowl. Season with pepper and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve chops with cucumber salad.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 328 calories
- 27 g proteins
- 16 g fat
- 20 g carbohydrates
- 4 g fibre
- 10 g sugar
- 432 mg sodium