This recipe is easy
Bombay Curry Pork Chops
On the stove
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, heat half the oil and lightly brown chops for about 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same saucepan, heat remaining oil. Sauté onions with curry powder for about 2 minutes (if using curry paste, add to yogurt). Add vegetables and broth, and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and gently simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Return chops to saucepan, cover, and continue cooking for 6 to 7 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of a chop reads 61°C (142°F) for pink doneness.
- Stir in lentils and yogurt, and heat for a few minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- To serve at lunch, cut chops into strips and serve cold curry in a pita along with some sliced cucumber.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 534 calories
- 48 g proteins
- 16 g fat
- 51 g carbohydrates
- 11 g fibre
- 15 g sugar
- 418 mg sodium