This recipe is easy
Spiced Rack of Pork with Cranberry Chutney
Cranberry chutney ingredients
In The Oven
- Prepare the marinade. In an airtight container or resealable freezer bag, combine all marinade ingredients. Add rack of pork and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours (no more than 24 hours).
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- Remove pork from marinade and drain. Heat oil and butter in a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat and brown rack on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F) for medium rare. Remove rack of pork from oven. Cover with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the cranberry chutney. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown shallot. Add cranberries and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with vinegar and add sugar. Reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Slice rack of pork between the ribs and serve with cranberry chutney.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 462 calories
- 38 g proteins
- 26 g fat
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 14 g sugar
- 157 mg sodium