This recipe is easy
Rack of Pork with Maple
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat and brown rack on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer rack to a roasting pan.
- Combine butter, rosemary, and 30 mL (2 tbsp.) maple liqueur in a small bowl. Season with pepper. Coat rack with mixture and arrange vegetables all around.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60°C (140°F) for pink doneness. Cover with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bring broth and remaining maple liqueur to a boil in a small saucepan. Allow to reduce by one third. Stir in diluted cornstarch and allow to thicken over low heat for approximately 2 minutes. Season to taste. Place vegetables on a serving platter along with rack of pork. To serve, slice rack between ribs and serve with gravy.
- 580 calories
- 39 g proteins
- 12 g fat
- 62 g carbohydrates
- 5 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 419 mg sodium