This recipe is very easy
On the stove
- In a large saucepan set over medium heat, bring all broth ingredients to a boil.
- Pour broth into a fondue pot and set heat to medium-high. Place the pot in the centre of the table with all the fondue ingredients. Place all condiments in dishes and bowls.
- Allow guests to cook and dip their food in the sauces. Serve with fried garlic. At the end of the meal, add noodles to the broth and serve in small bowls.
Fried garlic + spicy garlic oil preparation
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice about 6 or more cloves of garlic.
- In a small skillet set over medium-low heat, heat garlic in 80 mL (⅓ cup) olive oil.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes, or until garlic is lightly golden and crispy. Transfer garlic onto a paper towel, leaving remaining oil in skillet.
- Add 1 tbsp. (15 mL) sesame and Korean chili seeds, 7.5 mL (1 ½ tsp.) chili flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and add 10 mL (2 tsp.) soy sauce and 10 mL (2 tsp.) honey (or maple syrup or molasses). Stir to combine. Garlic oil and fried garlic keep at room temperature for about 2 weeks. Garlic oil keeps longer in the refrigerator.
Ponzu sauce preparation
- In a bowl, mix 60 mL (¼ cup) soy sauce, 15 mL (1 tbsp.) mirin, 15 mL (1 tbsp.) lemon juice, 15 mL (1 tbsp.) orange juice, and 5 mL (1 tsp.) rice vinegar.
Nutritional value (per serving, with broth and condiments)
- 455 calories
- 39 g of protein
- 20 g of fat
- 31 g of carbohydrates
- 3 g of fibre
- 9 g of sugar
- 1211 mg of sodium