This recipe is easy
*To blanch sausages Place sausages in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Gently simmer for around 5 minutes. Drain.
In The Oven
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a 25 cm (10 in.) cast iron or other oven-safe skillet set over medium heat, lightly brown bacon for about 3 minutes. Add onion and thyme and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until tender and lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add garlic and vinegar. Continue cooking for 1 minute. Add potatoes, sausages and 30 mL (2 tbsp.) parsley. Mix well. Season to taste. Top with cheese slices.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet set over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter and gently cook eggs, partially covered, until whites are cooked through.
- Place eggs on top of bacon potatoes. Garnish with parsley and green onions. Sprinkle with crushed hot pepper flakes if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 408 calories
- 22 g of protein
- 23 g of fat
- 29 g of carbohydrates
- 3 g of fibre
- 3 g of sugar
- 690 mg of sodium