This recipe is very easy
Cowboy-Style Pork Shoulder
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 160 °C (325 °F).
- In a bowl, combine broth, vinegar, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, thyme, garlic, brown sugar, mustard, chili, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Arrange shoulder in a roasting pan and add mixture from the previous step.
- Cover with foil and bake for 5 hours.
- Remove foil, add beans, onions and celery.
- Bake for another hour.
- Check salt and pepper seasoning and add Tabasco.
- When ready to serve, top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with green onions.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 624 calories
- 57g proteins
- 48g carbohydrates
- 23g fat
- 10 g fibre
- 14 g sugar
- 1613 mg sodium