This recipe is very easy
Pork Loin with Quebec Blueberry Sauce
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in the lowest position and preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a large oven-safe skillet, brown the meat in oil on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place loin, fat-side down. Arrange shallots, honey, vinegar, orange zest and juice, ginger and star anise around roast.
- For medium rare, bake for about 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F). Flip roast halfway through cooking. Transfer roast to a plate, cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet set over medium-high heat, add chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon, and reduce by half or until sauce reaches a syrupy texture. Add blueberries and continue cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk butter into blueberry sauce, adding a few cubes at a time.
- Slice the pork and drizzle with sauce. Serve with mashed parsnips or potatoes and green vegetables.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 339 calories
- 32 g proteins
- 16 g fat
- 16 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 13 g sugar
- 210 mg sodium