This recipe is very easy
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 165 °C (325 °F).
- In an oven-safe pot set over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter and brown pork cubes on all sides. Set aside on a plate. Season with salt and pepper. As needed, remove excess fat, leaving only 15 mL (1 tbsp.) in the pot.
- In the same pot, sauté onion, garlic and carrot for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Return pork to pot.
- Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add broth, tomato paste, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet set over medium heat, brown lardons on all sides. Set aside on a plate. In the same skillet, add butter and sauté onions and mushrooms. Add lardons and vegetables to meat. Cover and continue baking for 30 minutes, or until meat pulls away easily with a fork. Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 441 calories
- 32 g proteins
- 20 g fat
- 15 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 5 g sugar
- 526 mg sodium