This recipe is easy
In The Oven
- In a large skillet set over high heat, melt 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of butter and lightly brown diced pork for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter. Sauté onion, carrots and turnips for about 6 minutes or until very tender.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add peas, diced pork, parsley and tarragon. Season to taste. Let cool. Refrigerate as needed.
- Place rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Fill a 23-cm (9-in.) pie plate with a pastry sheet. Fill with meat and vegetables. Cover with second sheet. Make small incisions on top to allow steam to escape. Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 467 calories
- 13 g proteins
- 31 g fat
- 36 g carbohydrates
- 4 g fibre
- 4 g sugar
- 583 mg sodium