This recipe is very easy
Boneless Pork Butt Soup + Cajun-Style Rack of Pork
Boneless pork butt soup ingredients
Cajun-style rack of pork ingredients
On the stove
For the boneless pork butt soup
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, onions, mustard, soy sauce, brown sugar, thyme and white wine. Divide sauce equally into two bowls.
- On the stove, place the boneless butt in a pot and coat with half the sauce, set aside the other half for the rack of pork, then add broth, cover and simmer over low heat for 5 hours. Add liquid as needed while cooking.
- Remove meat from pot. Shred the meat with a fork. Reserve about 1 L (4 cups) of shredded meat to prepare the soup, then store any excess in the refrigerator.
- Return remaining meat to the pot, along with cooked pasta, peas, lemon juice and Parmesan. Season to taste.
- Serve with croutons.
In The Oven
For the Cajun-style rack of pork preparation
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Place the rack of pork in a roasting pan. Brush meat with honey, then add Cajun spices.
- Add remaining sauce, baby potatoes, cauliflower, olive oil, salt, pepper and cook for 45 minutes.
Nutritional value (per serving of the boneless pork butt soup/of the Cajun-style rack of pork)
- 824 / 744 calories
- 58 g / 48 g proteins
- 25 g / 26 g fat
- 78 g / 87 g carbohydrates
- 10 g / 6 g fibre
- 18 g / 30 g sugar
- 1293 mg / 1657 mg sodium