This recipe is easy
Bacon Grilled Cheese with a Twist
On the stove
- In a skillet greased with your choice of fat, brown the onion. Add bell pepper, garlic and thyme and brown for another 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of mayonnaise over 4 slices of bread. Top with the prepared mixture, 2 slices of bacon and grated cheese.
- Close with a slice of bread and spread butter on the outside of the bread slices.
- In a heated skillet, grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side while pressing down with a spatula to flatten.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 748 calories
- 14 g proteins
- 57 g fat
- 44 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 14 g sugar
- 595 mg sodium