This recipe is intermediate
Pork Banh Mi
Meat marinade ingredients
Vegetable marinade ingredients
Cilantro mayonnaise ingredients
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Spread pork belly and sprinkle top with ⅔ of the salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, bacon and remaining salt and pepper to the meaty side. Roll and tie with string.
- Place the rolled meat on a rack placed inside a roasting pan.
- Add 500 mL (2 cups) of water to the bottom of the pan and bake uncovered for 5 hours.
- Let cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the marinade for the meat. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- For the vegetable marinade, combine water, sugar, salt and vinegar in a bowl. Add carrots and daikon and marinate until ready to serve. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to broil.
- Cut porchetta into thin slices.
- Place slices of porchetta on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat and brush each slice with marinade.
- Broil and caramelize in the oven for a few minutes.
- Remove the crumb from each bread. Top with mayonnaise, a slice of porchetta and pickled vegetables.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 918 calories
- 48 g proteins
- 66 g fat
- 30 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 9 g sugar
- 1633 mg sodium