This recipe is easy
Classic Pork Osso Buco
In The Oven
- Prepare the osso buco. Place the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 160 °C (325 °F).
- In a dish, lightly season the pork hock slices with salt, pepper, and flour.
- Heat half the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and brown the meat on each side. Transfer to an oven-safe dish.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil and sauté the vegetables and garlic for 1–2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and continue cooking for 1 minute. Deglaze with red wine and let simmer for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the hocks.
- Add the beef broth and herbs. Cover and bake for 1.5–2 hours or until the meat is tender. Season to taste.
- Prepare the gremolata. Combine all the gremolata ingredients in a bowl. Reserve in the refrigerator as needed.
- Serve the osso buco on butter and parsley egg noodles. Sprinkle with gremolata.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 360 calories
- 32 g proteins
- 17 g fat
- 14 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 3 g sugar
- 360 mg sodium