This recipe is very easy
Bacon, Caramelized Onion & Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese
On the stove
- Butter one side of each bread slice.
- Top the unbuttered side of one slice with caramelized onions.
- Add bacon and smoked gouda and close with the other bread slice, buttered side facing out.
- Place sandwich in a skillet over medium heat and add a weight on top to flatten. Brown for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove weight and flip. Replace weight and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice sandwich in half to serve.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 581 calories
- 25 g proteins
- 28 g fat
- 57 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 17 g sugar
- 1317 mg sodium