This recipe is easy
In The Oven
- Place the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place bacon slices side by side. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Set aside on a dish lined with paper towel. Reserve 4 slices for garnish and chop the rest.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt butter and sauté onion until soft. Add chopped bacon and cream, and mix well. Bring to a boil and reduce until sauce thickens.
- Right before serving, beat 2 egg yolks in a bowl with a fork and add to skillet. Add pasta immediately and mix well over low heat. Season to taste.
- Divide pasta onto plates. Top with grated Parmesan and a slice of bacon. Serve with an egg yolk on top in a half shell (optional).
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 1090 calories
- 33g proteins
- 83g carbohydrates
- 70g fat
- 4 g fibre
- 5 g sugar
- 1024 mg sodium