This recipe is intermediate
Pulled Ham and Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
Shallot compote ingredients
On the stove
- Boil ham with carrots, celery, leek and onions for 4 hours. Let cool in liquid for 12 hours.
- Place ham pieces on a baking sheet, brush with glaze and bake in the oven at 180 °C (350º F) for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then shred ham. Add shallot compote and mix well.
- Place pork mixture in oven-safe moulds and heat for approximately 10 minutes.
Shallot compote preparation
- In a pot, melt butter with olive oil. Add shallots and caramelize, stirring regularly.
- Add vinegar and reduce.
- Add duck stock and reduce until all liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Sweat shallots, mushrooms and bacon.
- Deglaze with red wine and add duck stock.
- Reduce to at least one quarter.
- Wrap scallops in bacon slices.
- Cook scallops by cooking the bacon sides first, then searing top and bottom of scallop.
- Keep scallops nearly raw in the middle.
- Unmould pulled pork onto a plate, drizzle with sauce, add the scallop, and serve with an asparagus salad and small pickled onions.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 787 calories
- 63 g proteins
- 40 g fat
- 32 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 19 g sugar
- 1756 mg sodium