This recipe is easy
In The Oven
- Place the rack in the lowest position. Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large pot set over medium-high heat, melt butter and brown onion and garlic for about 3 minutes. Add meat and sauté for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth, savory and spices, then cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Season to taste and set aside.
- Place one sheet of pastry into the bottom of a 23-cm (9-in.) pie plate and fill with meat mixture. Cover with second sheet. Make small incisions on top to allow steam to escape. Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 431 calories
- 18 g proteins
- 29 g fat
- 26 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 1 g sugar
- 338 mg sodium