This recipe is easy
Ground Pork Moussaka
Béchamel sauce ingredients
In The Oven
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, brown eggplants on each side, a few slices at a time, using approximately 80 mL (⅓ cup) of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil and brown pork, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze with wine. Add tomato paste, parsley and cinnamon. Simmer over medium-low heat, half-covered, until liquid evaporates. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare béchamel sauce. In a saucepan set over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in egg yolks. Set aside.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Butter a baking dish measuring approximately 23 x 23 cm (9 x 9 in.) and sprinkle with 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of breadcrumbs. Layer one-third of the eggplant slices and half the meat mixture. Cover with one-third of the Parmesan and one-third of the remaining breadcrumbs. Repeat a second time. Finish with a layer of eggplant slices.
- Pour béchamel sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 787 calories
- 35 g proteins
- 54 g fat
- 40 g carbohydrates
- 10 g fibre
- 15 g sugar
- 692 mg sodium