This recipe is intermediate
Marsala-Braised Boneless Pork Butt with Porcini Mushrooms
Dough roll ingredients
Side dish ingredients (gremolata)
- Generously season boneless pork butt with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a roasting pan set over high heat, heat oil and brown pork on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160 °C (325 °F).
- In the roasting pan, brown mushrooms without stirring too much.
- Add pepper, bay leaves, thyme, garlic and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Deglaze by adding Marsala and reduce by one third. Add boneless butt and cover with lid.
- In a bowl, mix flour and water and form a long roll.
- Press the roll around the edge of the roasting pan to seal the lid in place.
- Using a pastry brush, moisten the roll with water and bake for 5 hours.
- After cooking, break the dough seal on the braising pan and serve the boneless pork butt with gremolata and polenta.
Side dish preparation (gremolata)
- In a bowl, mix citrus zest, garlic, parsley, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar.
- Season and add olive oil.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 635 calories
- 44 g proteins
- 28 g fat
- 20 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 6 g sugar
- 213 mg sodium