This recipe is easy
Middle-Eastern Pork Osso Buco
In The Oven
- On a plate, rub pork hocks with Ras el Hanout spice mix. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 165 °C (325 °F).
- Heat half the oil in a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat and brown pork hocks on each side in two batches. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown vegetables in remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomato paste, harissa, lightly squeezed lemon, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf. Add veal stock and scrape the bottom of the skillet.
- Return meat to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for about 3 hours or until pork hocks are very tender. Transfer meat to a plate and discard the lemon. Reduce cooking juices until slightly syrupy. Return meat to skillet and reheat. Season to taste. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with herb couscous.
- Follow steps 1 to 4, then transfer all ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 437 calories
- 44 g proteins
- 24 g fat
- 10 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 4 g sugar
- 356 mg sodium