This recipe is easy
Italian-Style Pork Osso Buco
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a large oven-safe roasting pan set over medium-high heat, heat oil and brown hocks on all sides. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, sauté onions, carrot and tomatoes for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato paste, garlic and basil, then stir to combine. Arrange hocks on top of vegetables and add chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until meat is very tender.
- In a bowl, combine all gremolata ingredients. Set aside.
- Serve osso buco garnished with gremolata.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 452 calories
- 45 g proteins
- 25 g fat
- 12 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 6 g sugar
- 531 mg sodium