This recipe is easy
Cheddar- and apricot-stuffed pork chops
- In a skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil and soften onions, celery, apricots and rosemary for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with half the white wine and reduce until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Add bread, cheddar and sour cream. Mix well to melt the cheese. Set aside.
- Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 165 °C (325 °F).
- Lay pork chops flat on a work surface. Using a small knife, make a small incision in the meat and cut inside the chops to form a pocket. Stuff each chop with the apricot mixture and close the pocket using toothpicks.
- Heat remaining oil and butter in a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat and sear chops for 2–3 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Deglaze skillet with remaining white wine and add apricot jelly. Let reduce for 1 minute. Return chops to skillet and coat well.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 521 calories
- 34 g proteins
- 29 g fat
- 23g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 11 g sugar
- 418 mg sodium