This recipe is easy
Pork Chops with Mexican Salsa
On the BBQ
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) or barbecue to high.
- Combine half the olive oil, 1 garlic clove, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add chops and toss to coat with marinade.
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat or directly on the barbecue grill, sear meat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to oven or to indirect heat on the barbecue and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of a chop reads 61°C (142°F) for pink doneness. Set aside on a plate. Cover with foil and let stand for 3 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining oil (30 mL/2 tbsp.), garlic, and salsa ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chops garnished with salsa.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 401 calories
- 29 g proteins
- 23 g fat
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 15 g sugar
- 151 mg sodium