This recipe is easy
Rack of pork with white port and mint
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, combine 30 mL (2 tbsp.) mint, 15 mL (1 tbsp.) basil and 15 mL (1 tbsp.) lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat rack with mixture and place in a roasting pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, according to desired doneness.
- For medium rare, remove from oven when a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 61 °C (142 °F). Keep thermometer inserted in meat and cover with foil. Let stand until the thermometer reads 63 °C (145 °F), about 15 minutes.
- In the same roasting pan set over medium heat, sauté shallot and garlic. Deglaze with port and reduce by one third.
- In a pot, pour in the mixture, add tea and broth and bring to a boil. Stir in remaining lemon zest, mint and basil.
- In a bowl, work butter and flour into a paste (kneaded butter).
- Whisk kneaded butter into the pot and allow to thicken over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, slice rack into ribs and serve with sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 290 calories
- 37 g proteins
- 12 g fat
- 3 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 1 g sugar
- 283 mg sodium