This recipe is very easy
Pork Roast and Port-Caramelized Mushrooms
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, heat half of the oil and brown the roast on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F) for pink doneness. Remove roast from oven and cover with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- While the roast is cooking, heat remaining oil and brown onions, mushrooms and parsnips in the same skillet over low heat. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Deglaze skillet with port wine, add veal stock and reduce by half. Season to taste.
- Reserve 60 mL (¼ cup) of sauce for basting the roast during cooking.
- Return vegetables to skillet with remaining sauce. Continue cooking until sauce caramelizes on vegetables.
- Slice the roast and serve with caramelized vegetables, green beans and cooking juices.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 401 calories
- 36 g proteins
- 16 g fat
- 18 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 159 mg sodium