This recipe is easy
Pulled Pork and Butternut Squash Quiche
Use the Easy Pulled Pork recipe without the sauce OR store-bought pulled pork.
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss squash cubes in oil. Generously season with salt and pepper. Arrange cubes on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 18–20 minutes or until squash begins to caramelize, turning halfway through. Let cool.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out shortcut pastry and line a pie plate measuring 23 cm (9 in.) in diameter and 2.5 cm (1 in.) in height. Fold excess pastry dough toward the centre and press down for a thicker edge. Using a fork, prick bottom of crust. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Brush crust with Dijon mustard. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add remaining ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Fill crust.
- Place pie plate on a baking sheet and bake for 40–45 minutes or until filling is firm and the top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with green salad. Can be eaten hot, warm or cold.
Valeur nutritive (par portion)
- 470 calories
- 21 g of protein
- 30 g of fat
- 2 g of fibre
- 11 g of sugar
- 788 mg of sodium