This recipe is very easy
Shepherd’s Pie with Ground Pork
In The Oven
- In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to saucepan. Add cheese and sour cream. Mash with a potato masher and finish by whipping a few seconds with an electric mixer. Add milk as needed to adjust texture. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet set over medium heat, melt butter and soften shallots and garlic. Add meat and sauté over medium-high heat until cooked and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread meat in a 25 x20 cm (10 in. x 8 in.) baking dish. Spread corn kernels and cream. Cover with mashed potatoes. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until mashed potatoes are golden.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with a steamed green vegetable (broccoli, green beans, etc.)
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 621 calories
- 39 g proteins
- 30 g fat
- 53 g carbohydrates
- 4 g fibre
- 9 g sugar
- 771 mg sodium