This recipe is very easy
Red Wine Pork Osso Buco
In The Oven
- Preheat oven to 160° C (325° F).
- In a large ovenproof casserole, on medium heat, pour 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil and add pork shanks. Brown on each side 4 to 5 minutes until thoroughly caramelized. Add more oil if needed. Season generously with salt and pepper. Remove meat and set aside on a platter.
- In the same casserole, add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Add oil if needed, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly to soften the vegetables. Salt and pepper.
- Add wine, diced tomatoes, orange juice and peel, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil.
- Return pork to casserole. Cover, and let cook in oven about 3 hours or until meat is tender. Stir and mix gently, from time to time.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 519 calories
- 34 g proteins
- 20 g fat
- 21 g carbohydrate
- 2 g fibre
- 10 g sugar
- 460 mg sodium