This recipe is easy
Pork Cheeks Simmered in Red Wine
- Cut beets into 1 cm (½ in.) rounds and arrange at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic, rosemary, cardamom, cloves, pork cheeks and wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Strain cooking juice into a saucepan. Reduce until liquid is slightly thickened. Pour over pork and vegetables in slow cooker, making sure meat is covered with sauce.
- Serve pork cheeks with beets, onions and thyme-flavoured wheat semolina, creamy polenta or celeriac puree. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
In The Oven
- Bake in a casserole dish for about 3 hours at 165 °C (325 °F).
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 308 calories
- 24 g proteins
- 8 g fat
- 11 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 5 g sugar
- 122 mg sodium