This recipe is very easy
Aunt Carmela’s Osso Buco
In The Oven
- Place the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- On a plate, season the hocks with salt and pepper. Coat with flour, then shake to remove the excess.
- Heat half the oil in a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat. Brown the hocks for 1–2 minutes on each side. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, sauté the onion, mushrooms and garlic in the rest of the oil. Deglaze with the white wine and reduce by half.
- Return the hocks to the pot and add the tomatoes, thyme and bay leaf. Cover and cook in the oven for about 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking for approximately 20 minutes or until the meat is tender. Season to taste.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 460 calories
- 31 g proteins
- 25 g fat
- 23 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 5 g sugar
- 188 mg sodium