This recipe is easy
Quebec Pork Osso Buco with Apples
In The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 163 °C (325 °F).
- Season the osso buco with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-safe skillet set over medium heat, sauté osso buco in olive oil for about 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Add onions, garlic, apple, thyme and bay leaf. Cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Deglaze with cider and add chicken broth.
- Cover and place in the oven for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, transfer osso buco to a plate and reduce sauce to desired consistency.
- Cover pork with the sauce and serve with a butternut squash and orzo salad.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 315 calories
- 28 g proteins
- 17 g fat
- 9 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 5 g sugar
- 320 mg sodium