This recipe is easy
Spicy Rack of Pork Roast and Braised Red Cabbage
Red cabbage ingredients
In The Oven
- Place the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Mix all the spice mixture ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the rack of pork in a roasting pan and rub with spice mixture.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F) for pink doneness. Remove the rack of pork from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the braised cabbage while cooking the rack. Melt the butter in a large pot and sauté the onion and pancetta for 3–4 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for about 40 minutes, stirring frequently until the cabbage is tender. Season to taste.
- Slice the rack between ribs and serve with the braised cabbage.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 485 calories
- 42g proteins
- 36g carbohydrates
- 19g fat
- 5 g de fibres
- 28 g de sucres
- 652 mg de sodium