This recipe is easy
Ground Pork Lasagna
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in top position and preheat oven to broil.
- On a baking sheet, gently combine zucchini and half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange zucchini slices side by side. Broil or cook in a skillet set over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 190 ºC (375 ºF).
- In a large saucepan set over medium-high heat, heat remaining oil and brown pork and onion for 5 to 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, oregano and thyme. Stir and simmer, covered, over low heat for about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place ricotta in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 180 mL (¾ cup) of meat sauce in a 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9 in.) buttered baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of pasta. Spread half the ricotta over the pasta. Cover with zucchini slices and 180 mL (¾ cup) of meat sauce. Repeat with another layer of pasta, remaining ricotta and 180 mL (¾ cup) of meat sauce. Cover with a final layer of pasta, remaining meat sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Side with a green salad.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 622 calories
- 34 g proteins
- 22 g fat
- 69 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 483 mg sodium