This recipe is easy
Pork Shoulder Roast with Vidalia Sweet Onions and Mustard
In The Oven
- Preheat oven to 150° C (300° F).
- In an ovenproof casserole, melt butter into hot olive oil, and sear the pork on all sides. Season generously, and set aside.
- In the same casserole, brown diced carrots, celery, and zucchini. Set aside with the pork.
- Put the onions in the casserole and brown on low heat until caramelized (golden brown).
- Deglaze with wine and chicken stock, and add thyme, honey, both types of mustard, and garlic flowers. Place pork roast on the onions and add the lightly cooked vegetables and diced tomatoes.
- Cover casserole and roast 1 hour and 30 minutes, then another 30 minutes uncovered, turning the meat over a few times. Serve pork roast sliced, with diced vegetables, pasta, and reduced cooking juices.
- To prepare this recipe in a slow cooker, follow the same steps and put all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Pour the broth and the onions over the pork shoulder and cook at low heat during 8 to 10 hours. Before serving, retrieve the cooking juices and bring them to a boil in a saucepan, let it reduce by half in order to concentrate the flavours.
Nutritional values (per serving)
- 403 calories
- 32 g proteins
- 21 g fat
- 16 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 8 g sugar
- 509 mg sodium