This recipe is easy
On the BBQ
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Oil the grill.
- In a bowl, combine pork, pepper, sunflower seeds, raisins, garlic and chili sauce.
- Using your hands, shape meat mixture into 6 patties about 1-cm (½-in.) thick.
- Grill patties on the barbecue or in a grill pan for 6 to 8 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or toast English muffins and spread with mayonnaise (you may consider flavouring mayonnaise with 5 mL (1 tsp.) of lime zest). Divide patties onto bottom half of the buns. Top with tomato, lettuce (and more depending on desired toppings). Close with remaining bun halves and serve. Side with a corn, tomato, red onion and cilantro salad.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 587 calories
- 32 g proteins
- 29 g fat
- 53 g carbohydrates
- 6 g fibre
- 12 g sugar
- 671 mg sodium