This recipe is easy
Braised Pineapple & Spice Pork Shoulder
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- In an oven-safe pot set over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter and brown pork on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, lightly brown onion, garlic, bell peppers and pineapple.
- Deglaze with wine. Add broth, bay leaves, cinnamon and cloves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return meat to pot and bake, covered, for 2 hours 45 minutes.
- Remove meat from pot and keep warm on a plate. Discard cinnamon sticks and cloves. Recover cooking juice and strain; then reduce by half into a gravy.
- Serve meat with gravy, pineapple-pepper mixture and a side of green beans or bok choy if desired.
- This recipe can be prepared in the slow cooker as well. Follow the same steps and when ready to continue cooking, transfer to slow cooker along with sauce. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Ntritional value (per serving)
- 308 calories
- 22 g proteins
- 15 g fat
- 13 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 9 g sugar
- 284 mg sodium