This recipe is easy
Italian Pork Stew
Parmesan polenta ingredients
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 165 °C (325 °F).
- In an oven-safe pot set over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter and brown pork cubes in two batches. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown pancetta for 3–4 minutes. Add onions and garlic and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine.
- Add wine and bring to a boil while stirring. Add tomatoes and basil. Return meat to pot and bring to a boil. Cover and bake for about 2 hours 30 minutes or until meat is very tender.
- Add zucchini and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Serve with mascarpone and Parmesan polenta or wide pasta. Sprinkle with fresh oregano, if desired.
Parmesan polenta preparation
- In a pot set over medium-high heat, bring broth to a boil. Whisk in semolina. Simmer gently, stirring frequently, for about 15–20 minutes. The texture of the polenta should resemble fluffy mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in remaining ingredients and season to taste. If it seems too thin, keep warm and let stand as needed.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 600 calories
- 54 g proteins
- 30 g fat
- 22g carbohydrates
- 5 g fibre
- 11 g sugar
- 759 mg sodium