This recipe is easy
Italian-Style Stuffed Pork Cutlets
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat the oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- In a large, hot skillet set over medium heat, brown eggplant slices on each side in 45 mL (3 tbsp.) oil. Add oil as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. (Do not overload the skillet. Brown a few slices of eggplant at a time.)
- Spread the 4 cutlets on a work surface. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay one slice of eggplant, one slice of prosciutto and one slice of cheese on each cutlet.
- Roll each cutlet to keep the toppings inside and tie each roll with string or fasten with toothpicks.
- In the same hot skillet set over high heat, brown rolls on all sides in remaining oil. Place in a baking dish and cover with tomato sauce. Bake for 7–8 minutes and serve with a spinach salad.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 486 calories
- 34 g proteins
- 31 g fat
- 20 g carbohydrates
- 7 g fibre
- 11 g sugar
- 1567 mg sodium