This recipe is easy
Rack of Pork with Tea & Mint
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Combine 30 mL (2 tbsp.) mint, 15 mL (1 tbsp.) basil and 15 mL (1 tbsp.) lemon zest in a bowl.
- Coat rack with mixture. Place rack in an oven-safe dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes, according to desired doneness.
- For pink doneness, remove from oven when a thermometer inserted in meat reads 61°C (142°F). Keep thermometer inserted in meat and cover with foil. Let stand until thermometer reads 63°C (145°F), about 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat tea infusion. Stir in diluted cornstarch and let thicken over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining lemon zest, mint, and basil, and add butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, slice rack between ribs and serve with prepared sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 257 calories
- 36 g proteins
- 11 g fat
- 2 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 0 g sugar
- 103 mg sodium