This recipe is easy
Rack of Pork with Mustard and Spice Crust
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a hot skillet set over medium heat, sauté coriander, mustard and fennel seeds while shaking skillet. Transfer mixture to a plate to cool. Using a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, grind mixture and add crushed pepper and salt.
- In the same skillet, heat oil and sear rack on all sides. Set skillet aside with rack bone-side down.
- In a bowl, mix mustard, garlic, lemon zest, chives and spice mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat top of rack of pork with spice mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes, according to desired doneness.
- For medium rare, remove from oven when a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 61 °C (142 °F). Keep thermometer inserted in meat and cover with foil. Let stand until the thermometer reads 63 °C (145 °F), about 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, slice rack into ribs.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 357 calories
- 39 g proteins
- 18 g fat
- 9 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 0 g sugar
- 456 mg sodium