This recipe is easy
Racks of Pork with Pine Nuts and Cointreau
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, mix butter, zest, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Coat rack of pork with mixture. Place rack in a roasting pan and add 125 mL (½ cup) water.
- Cook for 50 minutes, according to desired doneness. After cooking, add remaining water to pan.
- For medium rare, remove from oven when a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 61 °C (142 °F). Keep thermometer inserted in meat and cover with foil. Let stand until the thermometer reads 63 °C (145 °F), about 15 minutes.
- Add approximately ¾ cup (200 mL) of water to roasting pan. Add Cointreau and bring to a boil over medium-low heat, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to recover meat juices. Stir in diluted cornstarch and allow to thicken over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add pine nuts and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice rack into ribs and serve with sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 410 calories
- 37 g proteins
- 18 g fat
- 4 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 0 g sugar
- 260 mg sodium