This recipe is easy
Rack of Pork with Candied Orange Peel
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, mix 60 mL (4 tbsp.) butter, orange zest, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat racks with mixture. Place racks in a roasting pan and add 125 mL (½ cup) broth.
- Cook for 50 minutes, according to desired doneness. After cooking, add remaining broth to dish.
- For medium rare, remove from oven when a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 61 °C (142 °F). Keep thermometer inserted in meat and cover with foil. Let stand until the thermometer reads 63 °C (145 °F), about 15 minutes.
- Add a little water to the roasting pan to obtain 250 mL (1 cup) of liquid. Scrape bottom of pan with a wooden spoon to recover meat juices. Set aside.
- In a pot, sauté shallot in 30 mL (2 tbsp.) butter.
- Lightly flour shallot and continue cooking until golden.
- Whisk in liqueur and cooking juice. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat until it thickens.
- Stir in cream and simmer for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add pine nuts and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice racks into ribs and serve with candied orange zest sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 388 calories
- 37 g proteins
- 20 g fat
- 3 g carbohydrates
- 0 g fibre
- 0 g sugar
- 395 mg sodium