This recipe is intermediate
Rack of Pork with Cranberry and Apple
In The Oven
- In a deep dish, cover rack of pork with sea water and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove rack and pat with paper towel without rinsing.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a large skillet, sear rack for about 2 minutes per side, until lightly coloured. Place rack in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 50 minutes, according to desired doneness.
- For medium rare, remove from oven when a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 61 °C (142 °F). Keep thermometer inserted in meat and cover with foil. Let stand until the thermometer reads 63 °C (145 °F), about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, immerse apples in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Place apples on a parchment-lined baking sheet or a silicone mat and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 180 °C (350 °F) for 20 minutes. Reserve apples “in their jackets.”
- Meanwhile, in a pot set over a low heat, cook cranberries in ice cider. Remove from heat when ice cider has reduced by half.
- In a second pot, heat the demi-glace sauce and butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice rack into ribs.
- Divide cranberries on each plate, place a rib on top and drizzle with meat juices. Serve with apples in their jackets.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 409 calories
- 41 g proteins
- 13 g fat
- 30 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 24 g sugar
- 371 mg sodium