This recipe is for experts
Black Pudding Ravioli with Creamy Date Sauce
Ravioli filling ingredients
Date sauce ingredients
- Pour flour onto a work surface or into a bowl and make a well. Add eggs, yolks, olive oil, white vinegar and salt and combine with a fork.
- Once the eggs have absorbed the flour, work the dough by hand for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until compact, smooth and elastic (add water if dry or flour if sticky). Shape into a ball and let stand for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Split dough into roughly 3 pieces. Using a rolling pin, roughly roll out all 3 dough balls. Next, roll each piece through a pasta sheeter at the thickest setting a first time; roll it through a second time at a tighter setting, etc. up to 5 or 6 times in total to obtain a thin sheet of dough (you should be able to see your hand through the sheet). It is very important to generously flour the dough each time you pass it through the pasta sheeter so that it does not stick.
Ravioli filling preparation
- Using a hand blender, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
Date sauce preparation
- In a saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil and infuse away from heat for 1 hour.
- Combine using a hand blender and set aside.
- On the work surface, arrange the ravioli pasta sheets. On the bottom half of each sheet, place the equivalent of a spoonful of filling at regular intervals (5 cm/2 in. apart).
- Pull top of sheet over bottom (where filling is located) to form ravioli. Securely seal the dough between each ravioli and cut into squares, rounds or triangles as desired, using a knife, cutter or dough wheel.
- If dough does not stick between ravioli fillings, lightly wet fingers and firmly press together. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and poach ravioli in boiling water for approximately 3 minutes and drain. Warm sauce in a second saucepan. Place a little date sauce on each plate, add ravioli and decorate with a few baby spinach leaves and toasted pine nuts.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 120 calories
- 3 g proteins
- 7 g fat
- 10 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 4 g sugar
- 64 mg sodium