This recipe is very easy
Braised Pork Belly
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
- In a bowl, combine oil, garlic, herbs and fennel seeds. Set aside.
- Make incisions in pork belly fat every 1 cm (¼ in.). Brush fatty side of pork belly with olive oil and non-fatty side with herb-flavoured oil mixture. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place pork belly in a roasting pan, fat side down. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150 °C (300 °F).
- Remove roasting pan from oven and degrease*. Turn belly fat side up. Add wine and continue cooking for about 3 hours or until meat is tender. If necessary, broil at the end of the cooking time to brown the fat.
- Let stand for 15 minutes. If desired, degrease cooking juices. Slice meat into steaks and serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable or green salad. Serve with cooking juices.
Valeur nutritive (par portion)
- 413 calories
- 23 g of protein
- 29 g of fat
- 3 g de glucides
- 0 g of fibre
- 1 g of sugar
- 151 mg of sodium