This recipe is very easy
Pork au vin
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 170 °C (325 °F).
- In a large dish, coat osso buco with flour and shake to remove excess.
- In a large oven-safe pot set over medium-high heat, heat oil and 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of butter and brown hocks on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, brown lardons. Add carrots, celery, garlic and soften for 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze with wine and reduce by half. Return meat to pot. Add veal stock, thyme and bay leaf. Stir to combine. Cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until meat is very tender. Remove hocks from pot and set aside on a plate. Reduce cooking juice until slightly syrupy. Return hocks to pot.
- In a skillet set over medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Add to pot. Sprinkle with fresh thyme if desired.
- Serve osso buco with mashed potatoes or large egg noodles.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 398 calories
- 35g proteins
- 9g carbohydrates
- 18g fat
- 1 g fibres
- 2 g sugar
- 356 mg sodium