This recipe is very easy
Coconut Squash Pork Stew
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- In an oven-safe pot set over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter and brown pork cubes on all sides. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper. Drain half the fat from the pot.
- In the same pot, sauté onion, garlic, cilantro, cumin and turmeric. Continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Return pork to pot.
- Deglaze with broth, scraping the bottom of the saucepan with a wooden spoon. Add coconut milk and ginger. Cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and add squash, potatoes and carrots. Increase the oven temperature to 180 °C (350 °F) and continue cooking partially covered for 30 minutes. Add beans and warm through.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
- Follow steps 1–4, then transfer to a slow cooker and add remaining ingredients, except beans. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Add beans at the end and stir to warm through.
Nutritional value (per portion)
- 528 calories
- 30 g proteins
- 29 g fat
- 37 g carbohydrates
- 5 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 438 mg sodium