This recipe is very easy
On the stove
- In a bowl, combine the pork, yogurt, garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and soften the onion until slightly golden. Add the tomato paste and hot pepper. Continue cooking for approximately 2 minutes while stirring. Add the marinated pork, broth, honey and cardamom. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and continue cooking uncovered until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Season to taste. Serve with steamed basmati rice and top with cilantro.
- Combine all the ingredients except the cream in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- In a small saucepan, reduce the cream to half and add to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine and season to taste.
- If using a pressure cooker, you can choose a tougher cut of meat. The meat will become tenderer once cooked (cubed pork steaks, for example).
- Follow the same preparation until step 2. Remove from the heat, stir to combine and close the lid on the pressure cooker. Set to “Meat.”
- Bring under pressure over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and release the steam. Remove the lid and add the cream. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 3 minutes. Season to taste.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 544 calories
- 38 g proteins
- 16 g fat
- 60 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 10 g sugar
- 205 mg sodium