This recipe is very easy
Pork Eye of Round in Milk
On the stove
- In a heated casserole, sear the meat coated in your choice of fat for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same casserole, sauté onions in remaining fat over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add meat, milk, mushrooms, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, vegetable broth, honey, then cover and reduce over very low heat for 2 hours. During cooking, the fat from the milk will separate from the broth. It is normal for the milk’s texture to change. Simply blend the sauce and reduce, if necessary.
- Turn meat halfway through cooking. Season to taste. Stir sauce and reduce, if necessary.
- Cut meat into thin slices.
- Serve pork slices coated in sauce with fresh pasta on the side.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 435 calories
- 44 g proteins
- 20 g fat
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 16 g sugar
- 370 mg sodium